Friday, June 3, 2011

My French Country Home Brocante Weekend!




















We visited with Sharon our first weekend in France.  She is such an amazing hostess!  Her home is beautiful and I can say that I would do just about anything to live there!  Or any where near there!
We had the pleasure of staying in her guest cottage and eating to our hearts content.  On Sunday morning bright and early we drove out to visit our first of 3 brocantes that were scheduled for that day.  It was so much fun!  We have been shopping for some time here at home and it was much the same with the exception of the language barrier and that there items were often VINTAGE FRENCH (my dream words to attach to any piece).  It was wonderful, and by the time we finished at the 2nd fair the car was full and we had to stop!  You can see our wonderful loot above.  

Sharon then fed us a lovely lunch and we raced off to catch the train back to Paris with almost all of our goodies in tow.  You see we could only take what we could carry.. so sad that our bags were not bigger.

I am so looking forward to my next visit (one where I rent a giant truck to fill with goodies) and visiting again with a great new friend.

images by christina for greige
Photobucket
Pin It!

10 comments:

eclecticrevisited said...

sounds like a wonderful day with brocante shopping and fabulous french lunch after...
what beautiful finds as well..

maureen

vicki archer said...

That is my idea of the best weekend.....wonderful treasures you have found....xv

I Dream Of said...

I'm wondering if I can get Sharon to adopt me. Looks amazing, such wonderful treasures!

flowers on my table said...

Looks like a most fabulous house and garden and looks as though you had a ball.Love Linda x

5th and state said...

oh madame! such lovely images and a dream of an excursion. sharon is quite special those of us in 'blogland' appreciate you both
debra

Splenderosa said...

I am D.I.E.ing over this post. Absolutely wonderful for all of you. God bless Sharon !!
xx's

Kris said...

What a lovely garden! I love her home and the brocante must have been wonderful! I would have had trouble not taking EVERYTHING I saw.

Looks like you had a wonderful trip!

Kris

liza said...

OH MY!!! Are you kidding me??!! This is HEAVEN! I'm in awe.

sharon said...

Thank you Christina, your pictures bring back some very happy memories of our weekend together - I'd do it again like a shot, it was such fun to have you here.
I think you need to make yourself a very good friend over at Air France, so next time you can take back as much baggage as you wish!
Sharon
xx

The Paper Mulberry said...

What a sublime place!!! It has to be my perfect image of France - just divine!