Friday, November 11, 2011

Dark grey and white



The contrast here is so perfect!  I have been leaning towards softer greys as of late and this just brings me back to the dark with a lot of contrast.  The details in the mantel and the door paneling are so perfect.  Sometimes I wish I lived in a home with such history and detail.  But it is not meant to be right now.

Someday maybe.

I am looking forward to the weekend it is supposed to rain a bit here so another few days of relaxation I hope.  I am starting to read Gone with the Wind for the first time and I am hoping it will entertain me for the weekend.  Have you read it?  What did you think?  I know it is a classic and I had to pick it up when I saw it the other day.

Next week I have a lot coming up here on the blog, another giveaway and some great pics to post!

Have a wonderful day!  It is 11/11/11 so cool!!!!

images via

Photobucket
Pin It!

12 comments:

Donna Frasca ♋ said...

Greige works!

Madeleine said...

The book is about a billion times better than the movie!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

You once again confirmed to me how much I adore dark..deep...moody grey! I have not read GWTW, but you've inspired me to. Have a wonderful, lazy weekend.

Cheers ~ Deb

Dana Frieling@ Make Them Wonder said...

Moody and beautiful! I thought I was the only one who hasn't read that classic. Glad to know I'm not alone. Guess I will be soon, after you finish it. Ha! Enjoy your rest.

vintage1944 said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

Ellen said...

GWTW, as it is known here.....well, it is a classic, and you will probably find it confusing and inspiring at the same time.....happy friday...smiles

helen tilston said...

Love the greys and in particular the first image

I love the movie Gone with the Wind. Have not read the book. Will look forward to your review of same
Helenxx

Kris said...

Beautiful soft greys and gorgeous images. I've never read Gone With The Wind, I've only watched the movie several times. It is always worth watching the movie as I never tire of hearing "Frankly my dear, I don't give a @#$%? HA

Have a wonderful relaxing weekend. I'm looking forward to your post for next week.

Kris

Michelle ~ Make Life Pretty said...

How about dark gray, light gray, and white together?

Miranda said...

Looking outside my window, where it's eerily dark and there's a pretty angry storm brewing.... I would really do anything for that beautiful, ornate fireplace!

Gah. It's beautiful.

vicki archer said...

Gone with the Wind... is one of my all time favourites.... Enjoy... xv

Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} said...

Dark grey and white... the two main colours in my dining room and probably one of my very favourite combinations. It looks so good with pretty much every other colour! Yum!