Saturday, November 3, 2012

Choices choices

I am so excited that the appliances are arriving today.  It sounds silly even to me as I don't really love to cook, but I like the option to cook.  Options and choices that seems to be a huge part of this kitchen remodeling thing.  I had a hard time picking appliances.  I knew in my heart what I wanted but things change as you design spaces and figure out your needs {likes, dislikes and budget}.  I knew I wanted a Viking cook top but had planned on sticking with our double wall ovens that were in the original kitchen layout.  Little did I know that the cost of those ovens {used once a year} was triple what I wanted to spend.  So I opted for the 36" Viking range.  I cannot wait to see it in it's new spot and feel like a real cook {ha ha} when I use it.  
I will send over some cookies from the first batch!
image via

Photobucket 
Pin It!

7 comments:

Francine Gardner said...

I am not much of a cook, I actually cook once or twice a year, but my husband really enjoy our Viking range, he opted for the double oven one but do not get a Viking refrigerator. We bought the double door stainless one and it has been problematic from the get go.

cindy hattersley design said...

Great choice Christina! I need to update my kitchen and I would do the same thing! Can't wait to see the rest!

TSL - Living in Art said...

So fortunate to have a Viking in any form! The brother of one of my loved worked an enternity for Viking, he passed away about a year ago, but was one of Viking's most beloved treasures. It makes me happy to know you will be enjoying the product of a company he embraced, and embraced him as well. Excited for all the good things your way.

Katherine said...

With a house reno coming our way I am in the same frame of mind trying to pick out everything. I like your choice with the Viking.
You don't have to be an avid cook to have fun in the kitchen. Enjoy the new toy.

Tricia Rose said...

I prefer a range. Wall-mounted ovens open into my body and I burn myself on the door. Every time.

billie said...

You will love your stove. I love to cook and have loved my Viking for about fifteen years. Bet you will to.
b (kithensihaveloved.blogspot.com)

Leslie said...

I have the exact same VIKING range and love it. Perhaps it will inspire you to cook? :)

Beautiful kitchen!

leslie