Wednesday, November 14, 2012

making a list...



As my birthday and the holidays inch closer I always feel the need to asses what I have done this year.  There are so many things I want to accomplish and share that I don't seem to get to.  There are also so many things that I have done this past year and I am thankful that I have been able to share many of them with you my lovely readers.  I have been thinking that I need to compile a list (I have tried it before) of things I would like to accomplish for the year not a resolution list but a list of dreams and ideas to be realized and developed.  Do you have list?  Is it written or mental?  I will admit I love lists, I am a list maker, I have been all my life.  I love to write them out to get my ideas straight and my focus in the right place.  

Aside from that I thought you might like a little dining room inspiration to get you kick started for the upcoming entertaining whirlwind we are all about to embark on.  Isn't this beautiful and simple?

image via
Photobucket 
Pin It!

9 comments:

Beth Pearlman said...

Yes, beautiful and simple! Oh, that chandelier!! looks like a great place to spend the holidays. I personally can't survive a single day without a list. I ferl Gratitude needs to be moved to the top of my list. Thanks for the beautiful image. Beth

carolyn bradford said...

I used to be a list maker and somehow got away from it! I definitely need to get back in the swing of things! Lately, if I have a mental list I can't always remember it! Go figure! Anyway, I love being organized and this would certainly help! The dining room is stunning!

PURA VIDA said...

I love lists too...and I do check in often with my life list because I also love checking things OFF!

Studio One Design said...

It goes like this:

If dying is dependent upon the completion of my overly detailed and organized lists - I will live forever...

I L-O-V-E my lists - they keep me motivated and focused - reliable and dependable.

Thinking about and planning for the upcoming holidays brings such joy - this is my favorite time of year - family and friend focused - I love every aspect of the decor and planning that accompanies the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons.

Loving the dining room you shared with us today. I especially love the presence of a mirror in a room.

Thank you for sharing - wishing you a lovely day!

Kristie Franklin said...

Christina,

It is gorgeous. There is nothing about this dining room that I don't love!

The only list I make are grocery lists. There was a time when I used to write lists but found that if I didn't get everything on the list checked off I would become discouraged. So, I make mental notes now but don't hold myself to a time frame. HAH It works for me!

I hope you have a great day!

Anne said...

Its a gorgeous room, love it all, the rustic floor and the crystal chandy! I do love making lists. Maybe a Capricorn thing? (my birthday is also around the holidays.) Happy Birthday to you!

Divine Theatre said...

My list is mental. It keeps me up at night saying "You didn't get this done! "When, when, when?"
I need a quieter way to list my goals. LOL!

xo

Andie

Elaine said...

I'm a list maker, it keeps me on task ...and dare I say helps with my memory! I love this room. The ceiling, the colors, the floor. I imagine there have been many great stories and meals enjoyed around this table!

Toni @ inner-beautyth.blogspot.com said...

This space is amazing! Probably one of my favorite posts from you! Which is saying something, because I so love all of your posts!