Monday, February 4, 2013

The Great Gatsby set design


I have been waiting and waiting for the current remake of The Great Gatsby to hit the screens and I am so excited that we will be seeing it soon.  I am excited to see all of the amazing sets and locations as I am sure they are going to be beautiful.   I was scouring the net for photos of the interiors and the buildings without much luck so I had to resort to the trailer.  
They are beyond imagination and this is just a peek.
 

The round pool with JG in the center is perfection.


 The color combinations are something I feel like we never see, when we watch the older black and white movies, it will be good to see what we have been missing.  Her clothing below is so chic.



Gatsby's closet and bedroom have a wonderful Art Deco feel to them in comparison to the other spaces which are a more traditional in his home.  I love the quilted walls and the metal railings.



 The party scenes will have to be watched again and again.  Each will inspire this years holidays and weddings I am sure.










 Not to mention the costumes and the cars.  I may have to see it on the big screen more than once to take it all in.



So are you excited to see this tragic love story come to the big screen?  I am waiting and will be there on opening day..

 




images via google/trailer/new traditionalists

Photobucket 




If you would like help creating inspirational spaces for yourself contact us!
Pin It!

13 comments:

Katherine said...

I watched the preview at the theatre a few weeks ago and knew right away that this is a movie I will see several times. I love movies like this with a good story, fabulous wardrobe and scenery that takes me to another place & time.
But you have to watch it on the big screen to drink in every ounce of it.

Tibs said...

I've been waiting for that too! All that gorgeous period interiors, outfits....

Splenderosa said...

Knowing the 1st film so well I don't know if I will love the 2nd so much, but I do love Leo. Amazing photographs, C. It's a cannot miss film for certain. And, maybe it will bring back a certain amount of "dress up" again. xx's

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

I'm expecting to love this! It's just about my favorite book. It is the book I've reread the most. I love everything Baz does and I love everything Leonardo does. I think Carey Mulligan is the perfect choice for Daisy. Mia Farrow was awful in the old version although Redford was perfect. But I think Leonardo will be even better. I have been anxiously awaiting it for quite awhile. I saw the trailer on the big screen at Xmas and it is dazzling. I'll be there opening week for sure!

Melissa Owczarzak said...

I cannot wait either!!! Love Leonardo DiCaprio~he's great in anything and the sets and costumes will be amazing!!

the designers muse said...

The sets and costumes look fabulous. Can't wait to see the movie. Thanks for sharing.
Jennifer

MareePSasja said...

My cousin's husband was an extra... I'll be looking out for him as one of the dozens of men in dinner suits!

Cindy Albert said...

Great pictures Christina. I can feel the sexual tension from the photos--pretty amazing.

Kristie Franklin said...

I remember reading this book years ago...and watching the movie when Robert Redford starred in it years ago. Great movie!

Cheri said...

I was in love with the trailer when I went to the movie last time! I too am anxiously waiting to see this movie!!!

Cheri
Curtain Lady Design

Zsuzsa said...

I am super excited about this movie. It seems the wait has been so long. Art Deco is my favorite period and I am looking forward to all the splendor the film will showcase. Thanks for the great pictures!

Aubrey said...

Check out the Great Gatsby-inspired virtual room we designed at MyWebRoom!

Anonymous said...

The 1970s film with Robert Redford was in color as well and audiences at that time gushed over the spectacular visual production as well.