Sunday, March 3, 2013

Black entry doors


I love the contrast of a black or espresso door.  We have a pink Wisteria planted to go over ours and I am so hoping that this is the year it grows across the front of the house.  These are a few of my favorites that I have collected and were great inspiration for me.  When we redid our kitchen this year I had the painters paint the interior of my doors black also just for a change in the space and I love it. 

Are you a fan of the high contrast?
 






top 3 images via/ bottom 3 images by christina for greige


Photobucket If you would like help creating inspirational spaces for yourself contact us!
Pin It!

7 comments:

Acquired Objects said...

I'm a big fan of black doors as well and have been slowly painting the inside doors black as well, love the contrast.

Enjoy your Sunday!
XXX
Debra~

Jamie Herzlinger said...

Beautiful selection! Thanks for the post! Have a great weekend!
Jamie Herzlinger

The-Countrypolitan said...

Classic and sophisticated... I particularly like the dark grey (almost black) of the 4th photo...

My Notting Hill said...

The first door is my favorite door in Beacon Hill - all of Boston for that matter.

Splenderosa said...

Darling, I adore black shiny doors! I really don't like any other kind. And, in my last townhome I painted the inside black as well. Of course, the rest of the interior was "greige" and I thought it looked stunning. See you Tuesday for BIO I hope. xx's

Francine Gardner said...

I love a beautiful entry door, especially black. My entry door is in glad but the large frame is indeed black....it desperately need a fresh coat of pain though after this rough and rainy winter.

Willene Fagen said...

When I see a black door, I always think of something modern and contemporary; class and sophistication. According to what I read, when you have black doors or are fond of it, you like a bit of mystery; you can keep secrets unlike others. Do you think that it's true? 'Cause for me, it's partially true. What do you think?